Shout it from the roof tops!

It is official we are open. I took a tour Monday and decided the hazards had melted enough to be able to stick some pins in the ground. We had one lone golfer. Not surprising since there was no sun an odd snow flake, or rain drop and generally raw conditions. I will leave the guessing as to who our "odd snow flake golfer" was but suffice to say he made the turn in the drizzle and played 18. The next morning Bobby Rose walked 9 and then Dan McCarthy and Bruce Stone played in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day with full sunshine and a crisp ocean breeze. Rusty Hitchings even made an appearance to chip a few balls on the practice green. I dragged him out for a tour and we got stuck on the 5 Tee cart path.



4 Green path



In the continuation of "first time I have ever done that" I had Will clear two sections of cart path with the bobcat. It is the only thing keeping us from letting carts out. The section in the picture above was passable but the section by the 5 tee still had enough snow to strand a golf cart. I sent Chris out with the bunker rake and a shovel this morning. What a crazy year. It sure feels like an April Fools joke to head to the beach to start the channel dredge and clear snow off a cart path.



9 green Monday evening after storm passed



My back yard this weekend. It did flurry on MV also



The pro-shop opens today so carts will be available from now on weather permitting. Here's to the start of what I hope will be a great season. I thought it was very fitting when Bruce gave me the 2014 West Tisbury Annual Report yesterday. They paid tribute to their long time Moderator and our beloved member and friend by putting his picture on the cover. It is hard to imagine that he is gone and that it is less than a year since his senseless murder in California. It gave me comfort to take a picture of it on the first fairway with a few golfers in the back ground. You all know he would have been thrilled to see the course opening up.




Every course should have a smiling Irishman 

No comments:

Post a Comment